About Mary O'Neill
- I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- I hold a MSc in Transactional Analysis Counselling at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh.
- I hold a Post-graduate Diploma in Transactional Anlaysis (TA) Counselling
- I subscribe to the Code of Ethics of BACP
- I am trained in the use of EMDR for the treatment of trauma and am a member of the EMDR association
About MeBefore training as a counsellor I worked as a research scientist in the fields of genetics and cancer research at Edinburgh University. After gaining my PhD in Genetics I moved to Edinburgh where I worked at the university. I am also a qualified teacher of biology and currently lecture part time at a further education college in Edinburgh. I established my private counselling practice in 2004 in Edinburgh and moved in 2010 to East Lothian.
I live in Cockenzie with my husband and dog; my hobbies include walking the dog, creative writing and photography.